Friday, October 30, 2009

Thing #8-Part 1 - Wiki

This is really my first experience viewing wikis. They are incredible! Of all the wikis I have reviewed, my favorite is Code Blue. It is a web site designed for kids to explore the human body. It really looks to me that it would be good for any age. All you have to do click on a section of the human body and pick your topic. They even have a topic on Boogers! Now, what kids doesn't want to learn about boogers. Thousand Project is another wiki I reviewed. At first glance I like this site but after a couple of minutes, got very bored. Their object is to post questions and receive 1,000 answers. That is all well and good but then what? There really is not much you can do with the information after that. It is basically just a list of personal preferences. The last wiki I reviewed was Salute To Seuss. This site is wonderful. It has every book written by Dr. Seuss. It gives discussion ideas, coloring pages, background information, lesson plans, etc. It is perfect for the younger grades. It even gives recipe and art project ideas. Way over the top Wiki in my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, loved Code Blue; I even shared it with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete